Skip to main content

I Had a Talk With God

 I had a talk with God today, as I've had many times before. 

Today, as I walked, I just told him how I still don't understand, how I still don't get why He would give me something so good just to take it away. Why did it have to happen to me? What good could possibly come from Matt being gone from this earth. Why would He would allow the most loving, kind, generous person to leave this Earth, when he still had so much time left to live out, to reach out and have an impact on other's lives? He was such a good witness for Christ.

I don't question God often, because I know that His ways are higher than mine... but I do have my days. I'm human. But I know that I can come to Him with anything-my hurts, my fears, my anger-anything and everything. He knows my heart anyway. I might as well just tell it to Him straight. 

I wish I was one of those widows who has these encouraging and inspirational words to say about how they've been through has made them stronger,  how they've grown in their faith and as a person. But right now, I can't say that. I don't feel that way. Sometimes bad things just happen and there just is no silver lining, no lesson to learn. This isn't me being pessimistic, it's just a fact. Yes, we can absolutely take what we've been through and use it for good, use it to glorify God. But I don't believe God took my husband to teach me a lesson or to make me a better person or anything like that.

I'm not healed. I don't think I'll ever be healed. I'll never be "over" losing the love of my life.  I'll always think of and remember my "past life", the one where I was happy and content and carefree, the one where I was living out what I had always dreamed of and hoped for. The one that was "easy". It seems so far away now.

I have a good life now, I do. But it's sooo different.  I'm thankful for where I'm at, but I miss that life. I miss my husband. I miss him SO much. There still isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him. Things do get better with time as they say... not because the grief subsides, but just because you get more used to living with it. 

I still trust and hope in God and know that He is faithful and good, even when I don't see or feel it. I have so much to be thankful for. Things may never end up being "okay" here on this earth, but he never promised us that. He promised that He would be with us through whatever trials we face, to give us strength and hope and peace...not that all of our dreams would come true and that we'd live happily ever after. That would be nice, but that won't happen until Heaven. Until then, we hobble along through this life, finding gratitude in the moments that do bring us joy, in all the simple, small things in life, and praying that God will open up our eyes to see them every day. 

Comments

  1. You continue to be so inspiring and so honest. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://educacionysolidaridad.blogspot.com/2017/07/te-invito-mi-renovado-blog.html?sc=1654239049623#c8154577025619756902

    ReplyDelete
  3. BNG International School believes that learning is a dynamic process where each student learns differently. We provide developmentally appropriate practices by teaching in ways that match the way students develop and learn. We provide daily experiments for students to independently discover that they are competent and capable learners. That is why we have become the
    CBSE Affiliated School in Meerut
    Top English Medium School in Meerut

    ReplyDelete
  4. House of Avi designs and manufactures genuine leather hand-crafted Juttis. If you want to buy hand stitched jutti for women or have to buy leather jutti for women online, then you can definitely check out our online store. Our products go beyond style statements. You can choose from a wide range from traditional to punjabi or party wear to daily wear. Therefore, you can also buy punjabi jutti online at very reasonable and affordable pricing.

    buy t shirts for women with quotes
    get stylish jutti for women
    buy hand stitched jutti for women

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm