- Let us remember today what was done for us on the cross. Let us praise and thank Jesus for his love for us that He would willingly take our place and die for us so that we could have LIFE!
- On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,The emblem of suff’ring and shame;And I love that old cross where the Dearest and BestFor a world of lost sinners was slain.
- So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,Till my trophies at last I lay down;I will cling to the old rugged cross,And exchange it someday for a crown.
- Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,Has a wondrous attraction for me;For the dear Lamb of God left His glory aboveTo bear it to dark Calvary.
- In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,A wondrous beauty I see,For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,To pardon and sanctify me.
- To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;Its shame and reproach gladly bear;Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,Where His glory forever I’ll share.
"He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree,
so that we might die to sins
and live for righteousness;
by his wounds you have been healed."
1 Peter 2:24