Skip to main content

Day 31: How I’m Coping

Hey! I’m here again with another blog since I actually have time now! So we are on day 31. Well, at least day 31 for me of being unemployed. Things are not going too bad as of now...like I said, this is nothing new for me besides the not being able to stay busy. I’m an introvert, so I don’t need a lot of people and I enjoy my alone time...buuuut this is a little TOO much even for me! I think today I have officially reached the delusional stage. I have been snap chatting videos with funny filters just to entertain myself-ha! I mean, I can be kinda funny sometimes. 😂

So, just  for an example, this is what I did today. ...got up and ate breakfast, then had coffee in my sunroom. I read my devotional during breakfast, and then I just play around on social media while I drink my coffee. My sunroom has been my oasis! Then I usually just waste more time on my phone(don’t judge-it passes the time!). After  a couple of hours, I finally get up and change out of my robe and put my makeup on. I know a lot of women are embracing the no makeup thing right now, but I actually enjoy doing my makeup, and it makes me feel less like a zombie and more productive. Plus, it’s something else to pass the time! If it’s nice outside, I’ll go for a walk or I’ll do a garage workout. Today was a rest day though so no workout today.

I know it’s bad, but I feel like I still go to the store every  other day.  I can’t help it, I go through a lot of food and am always out of something! Today I stopped at the dollar store to get some nail polish remover and also picked up an adult coloring book, a face mask, some gum, cheesecake, and chocolate. I mean, those are essentials, right? Essential to my sanity!

Sooo then I usually will come back and sit in my sunroom some more, journal, read a little bit, eat, maybe do some cleaning, sit in my sunroom and play on social media some more...and then in the evenings I chill on the couch upstairs and watch Netflix. I’m currently bingeing Tiger King and Orange is the New Black.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Here are a few of the things that have been getting me through this quarantine/social distancing thing:

My garage gym, of course. 

 Iced coffee trips! I am obsessed with McDonald’s sugar free vanilla iced coffee. I’m not even an iced coffee girl, but it’s sooo good!
My books! Someone gave me these a while back before the libraries closed, thank goodness!
Journaling. Definitely has helped me so much through my grief and continues to help me in this. I have been keeping a log of each day of this quarantine.
Nature and sunshine! This week has been a little chilly, so I haven’t been outside as much, but thank goodness for the last few weeks of warm weather. Sunshine and shorts weather gives me life!
My sunroom. I just absolutely love this room in the spring and summer. My coffee spot, my reading spot, my journaling spot...I love it.
Oh, and Netflix. For sure! 

So tell me, what are you guys doing to occupy your time? I think I’m going to be playing around with some makeup looks, do some sketching, and maybe attempt staining my deck with my brother...but we shall see! What are you missing the most right now? I just can’t wait to go get a cup of coffee with a friend or go eat out at a restuarant or just stroll around Target or TJ Maxx! 

Comments

  1. Hi, Lindsay! Everything is fine here, despite the worldwide chaos (there are days when I just get bored) most establishments are closed, so I have to settle for my room and the beautiful square in my neighborhood. I live on the coast, in Brazil, which is super wonderful, as it is almost always sunny, summer, so I always try to pass by the beach, watch the sunset, and let this moment fill me up, and wow! how it makes me feel good. Reading also remains a great therapy and personal investment, it has been a new time, discovering new things, studying for my entrance exams, I try to keep myself busy. OURS, I SUPER SUPPORT YOU DO MORE THINGS WITH MAKES AND CLOTHING, I find it fun and it also takes up my time, I love watching these things on Youtube haha. Eating has also been a big "problem" almost always my best friend at the moment, but it's cool kkk trying to make the most of this period with myself! miss you here, a kiss !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.Lindsay,
    Off work because the store furloughed the staff. Been at home since the end of March and I have to admit I'm a little depressed. I haven't seen my nephews in like 3 weeks and I've been going to the store,when i need to,and then home. I did treat myself to a new laptop and bought some stuff for my vacation if it's still on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a testimony that i will tell to every one to hear. i have been married 8 years and on the nine year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 3 years until i meant a post where this man Dr, Godday have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after few hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to met with this man and have your lover back to your self His email: goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com you can also contact him or whatspp him on this +1{919}4956404.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really interesting blog. I’m thankful for this valuable information. Sarswati Enterprises is a leading Aluminum caps & Closures Machinery and Power Press Manufacturer in Delhi.
    Power Press Manufacturer in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really interesting blog. I’m thankful for this valuable information. Veramed is a leading Best Quality Herbal and Ayurvedic Products and Buy Anti Hairfall Herbal Hair Care Products at an affordable price.
    Best Quality Herbal and Ayurvedic Products in India

    ReplyDelete
  7. A GREAT THANKS TO DR.WEALTHY FOR CURING ME FROM GENITAL HERPES I AM SO HAPPY TO GIVE THIS TESTIMONY ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM THIS SICKNESS HERE IS DR WHO CAN HELP
    I can’t believe my genital herpes is really cured, oh is by this time last year I start feeling bad about my life, I feel pain everyday of my life am very happy now that am really cured I couldn’t have do this on my own I wish is not God that help me with my helper I was searching the internet about this sickness last 3month when I found about great doctor wealthy, the man that keep his words I write the man email about my problem immediately I get a reply from him asking me to fill a form which I immediately did and send back to him after some mins he reply me that he have work on my cure that I need to provide some materials, which can enable him to work on my cure which I did on the next day of it, after some hours he inform me that he have getting the things needed for the cure and he is about to go on with the curing spell he called me again after 50mins that he is done with the cure that I should check my body and also go for test I cant believe I was negative a big thanks to him am very happy now with my family you can also get your self cured too from this sickness by contacting him through his email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or whatapp +2348105150446 follow his instagram @wealthylovespell1 He also have a herbal cure for 7 other DISEASES;
    1.HIV
    2.SHINGLES
    3.VIRAL HEPATITIS
    4.INFLUENZA
    5.IMPOTENCE,
    6.BARENESS/INFERTILITY,
    7.ANTHRAX
    8 HPV
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony…Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Import Globals provides Global Import Export Data, Custom Import Export Data Online. For more information about import and export data visit our website.
    Global Import Export Data

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm