Skip to main content

Honesty

Please keep me in your prayers. I'm still struggling. I'm still in pain. This life is hard. I am not stronger because of this-I am weaker. I know this is not what people want to hear, but it's true. Don't forget us widows. I would not wish this life on anyone.


Grief changes you. Changes your brain. Makes you scared. Makes you not trust yourself. Trying to live this life and make sense of things and figure out how to move forward and be happy again while not forgetting the past...it's just exhausting. 


I want and am ready to move forward and love again. I truly am. I want to be happy again. I've accepted that I'll never again have what Matt and I had. I am okay with that. What we had was special and unique to us. But... I want my fairy tale ending. Is that wrong? Is that possible? Is that just not my destiny? Why was that taken from me? We had something good. It's hard to accept that I may not get the ending that I want, that my love story happened already and is over...should I still hope or just accept that this is the life I've been given to live and try to be okay with that? But I don't want to be. I know I am better with someone else. 


I know people can be happy being single and alone, but it's hard not to think that living that life is for me would be subpar compared to what I had and knowing how happy I could and can be. And the thing is, I have SO much to give. I want to love and serve someone. That's what my marriage taught me-that I enjoy loving and giving and serving someone who gives me the same back in return. I know I have to wait and trust God and His timing, but its hard. I know it hasn't been long, but this is so hard. I have realized that I want a family. I want to be loved again, fully and completely. I want that again.


I'm just being totally open and honest here with ya'll. 

Comments

  1. As awful as it sounds after the breakup,about 6 months ago now,I made friends with a man just so I would have someone to do man things for me. (Yes,exactly what you're thinking.) I like him. He's exactly the type of man I'm attracted to but I get a lot of grief for him being signficantly younger and not being serious about him. (He's not serious about me either.) I know you losing Matt and me ending a relationship with a verbally and emotionally abusive guy is not the same but I sort of get it. I feel so closed off right now. I don't want to be with anyone in terms of relationship and marriage. I just want someone who I can have fun with,hang out with and binge watch Outlander with. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you're still hurting so much, but grief IS such a brutal journey and it's such a long road. I am still praying for you as you navigate through this.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm