Skip to main content

Losing Weight

Personal training can be sooo frustrating sometimes! People are always wanting a quick fix when it comes to weight loss. When they don't see they weight come off as fast as they want it to, they say 'what's the point?' and quit exercising. It just blows my mind.

ANYONE can lose weight. However, you cannot lose weight fast HEALTHILY! There is no way. Sorry to break it to you. If you are losing more than one or two pounds a week(yes, that is the MOST you should be losing a week), what you don't realize is that it is probably NOT fat-it is water and muscle-and you never want to lose muscle. If you go on some type of fad diet and lose weight fast, you will AlWAYS gain it back! That's how so many people get into a cycle of on and off dieting and up and down weight loss. No wonder they are so frustrated!

What it really comes down to is how bad you really want it. YOU are in control of your body and how it looks. Losing weight may not be EASY and it will not be FAST!!!!!!! It usually takes about 3 months to even start to see results. After that, you should gradually be getting results, but it may take many months or even years to achieve they body you want.

It's not what people want to hear, but it's the truth. Exercising and eating healthy should be a habit and a way of life. You would never think of not brushing your teeth everyday, but how come so many people don't exercise to take care of their bones, muscles, and heart everyday???

If you have been trying to lose weight and can't, remember that it is not always about the actual weight-it's more about losing body fat while gaining muscle. Building muscle will help you keep the fat off in the long run, but it may cause you to not see the results on the scale that you want. But that's okay, because who cares what you weigh if you look awesome?! You are going to be losing body fat, even if your weight doesn't change much, and that is what really counts.

So just stick with it, keep working hard, don't get frustrated, and you WILL see results. It's all up to you. It may take awhile, but exercise is something that you should continue for the rest of your life anyway! You're in this for the long haul, and the hard work will pay off and be worth it in the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm