1. The pool is up!! Finally summertime is here!! I floated for a little bit yesterday, and it was wonderful. What I've been waiting for...
2. New yummy protein shake recipe(got the idea from Kate at BeyondFit Physiques!): Blend a scoop of chocolate protein, 1 tbsp sugar free butterscotch pudding, 1 spoon cocoa, and 3/4-1 cup almond milk-tastes like brownie batter!
3. Some good internet finds:
Bodyweight glute workout- http://greatist.com/fitness/bodyweight-glute-workout
What is the best diet? http://www.precisionnutrition.com/best-diet
Things you think about too often: http://www.marcandangel.com/2013/03/31/10-things-you-think-about-too-often/
Stop these unhealthy habits: http://rachelsfithealth.tumblr.com/post/51652479711/1-still-think-a-lower-body-weight-is-the-only-way
4. My workouts this week: http://lindsaystraininglog.blogspot.com/ I'm taking a deload week next week and then starting a new training plan.
5. Current obsession: watermelon! I was craving it over weekend, so I had to go out and buy one! Hit the spot.
And while we're on the subject of food....I'm liking this higher carb thing. I think I'll stick with it for a while!. ;) I’ve enjoyed being able to eat carbs with dinner and not worrying about it making me "fat". I enjoyed grilling out with my husband the other day and having a potato and some watermelon-something that I wouldn't have let myself do a year ago!
My diet philosophy now is this: to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it! Mostly healthy, natural foods of course, and foods that I enjoy, but without being obsessive or thinking about food 24/7 as I have done in the past. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting there... I'm trying to really listen to my body, to eat when I'm hungry and eat what I want to eat, not what I'm "supposed" to eat at a certain time or whatever. I don't ever want to have to "diet" or restrict myself from certain foods. That's just not how I want to live, even if that means I have to give up having abs.
Yes, I will always be aware of what I’m eating and watch my portion sizes. You just can't go all crazy if you want to maintain a certain amount of leanness, but one thing I do know is that I don’t want to obsessively track what I eat down to every single gram and calorie. I want to be able to eat a potato or some corn on the cob or have a bun on my burger for dinner if I want! I’m over having 6 pack abs. I would much rather have a little more body fat and be able to be sane and not obsess over my nutrition. Plus, I’d rather look big and muscular and STRONG than puny with ripped abs. But hey, that's just me.
|I may not have abs, but you gotta love how carbs make your muscles fuller and your veins pop!|
Have a great weekend everyone! Lift some heavy weights, soak in some vitamin D, and have a yummy treat(or two)! :)