Needed to Hear This!!


"The mirror is not your audience. Bodybuilders...embrace your smallness. Models...it's not about perfection. Remember, abundant health is more of a byproduct of obedience than the ultimate goal. Our health is a means to praise the Lord, not a means to praise ourselves. Our bodies are meant to serve one another, not to be observed by one another. If we let our reflection be our refuge and strength, then we have no refuge and strength. I know it's crazy in this day and age, but let's be reckless. He gets the glory." 
- Jimmy Peña

Comments

  1. Wow! This is such a great reminder. I think I might print it out. :) Love the part about our bodies are meant to serve, not be observed. Thanks for sharing the not only physical, but spiritual side of fitness on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's something I really struggle with. I get way too consumed with how I appear to others...and in the long run, it's just not what matters! Good idea-that would be a good one to put up on the fridge! I think I might do that!

      Delete

Post a Comment