Skip to main content

Christmas All Year

I had a wonderful Christmas, and I hope that you all did as well. Not only did I "survive" the holidays(hate hearing people say that), I thrived! I enjoyed them to the fullest, yummy treats and all, and I wouldn't have it any other way! 
 
We had a fun time this year watching Celeste open all her presents at Mom's house Christmas Eve.
 
Here are some of our annual family photos!
I'm so thankful to have a family to spend the holidays with. I'm thankful that I have my "real" sister back and that Jesse isn't such a little meanie anymore. ;) 2 years ago we spent Christmas in the hospital not knowing if Mom was gonna make it, so I'm also thankful that she is alive and doing great!
My sister and Celeste with her boyfriend and his daugter

We couldn't get a good one with Celeste looking at the camera!

Brother and sister! :)
 
My LOVE!
 The day after Christmas is hard for me. I normally feel a little down and depressed, and even more so when I have to take my decorations down. But this year I got to thinking about how it shouldn't be like that! Yeah, I think it's normal to feel a little sad that the family parties are over and the pretty Christmas tree is gone, but really, the spirit of Christmas is something that should last all year long!

When I get depressed it shows that I'm getting my happiness from the lights and the decorations and the parties....and not the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas isn't about the decorations or the food or presents-it's about the gift of Christ. Christmas is the celebration of what God did for us by sending Jesus to the world, but we have his presence with us ALL year long! That celebration and gratitude for what God did for us is something that should never end!

The spirit of Christmas, which is the joy and hope and LOVE of Christ, is something that we should carry with us all through the year and try to spread to those around us. So many people nowadays are sad, mad, anxious, and depressed, and as Christians our job is to spread the love and hope of Christ to a hurting world. Not just at Christmas, but always! Because that is really what Christmas is all about.
 
So this year I'm not going to get depressed about the holidays being over. Instead, I'm going to focus on all of the blessings that I have, the JOY that I have within me because of my relationship with Christ, and how LOVED I am by Him that he would come to earth to save ME! If that doesn't make you happy...nothing will!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

One Year...

One year ago today... the day it all changed. It was a Tuesday. I got the call from Matt around 3:00. I remember I was sitting at the computer at home. Matt told me that he was at the hospital, and that Bob Scott, his boss, had driven him there. Then he said those 4 words I never expected to hear: “The tumor came back.”  My heart stopped. Matt had gone in that morning for an MRI, as he has done numerous times in the past 10 years. He was now at the point where he had an MRI just yearly now, and that one was done in February, which showed that everything was fine. There was no sign of tumor growth, which had been the case for the last 10 years, praise God. But because Matt had been having some seizure activity for the last few months, they suggested he go in for another MRI in July. We then decided we should move up the appointment, because he had been having a headache every day for the past week. Good thing we did.... After I hung up with Matt,  I immediately broke down. I