Fave Chicken Recipes!

Since Sunday is food prep day for most people, I thought I'd share some of my favorite chicken recipes.  My meat sources are usually just turkey and chicken, so making my chicken a different way every week keeps me from getting bored with it. I usually cook my meat for the week ahead of time, unless we run out mid-week, then I'll just cook it up fresh for dinner. Hope you try and like some of them!

Balsamic Crockpot chicken
2 pounds chicken breast

Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper, basil, oregano, onion powder, thyme, and garlic.


Put 1-2 tbsp olive oil in crockpot.
Add chicken to crockpot and cover with about 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar. Can also top with diced tomatoes.
Cook on low for 8hrs or high for 4hrs.

"Erin Stern" Chicken
(I call it this since I found it on her YouTube channel!)
For the marinade:
1- 2c water
Splash of vinegar
1-2Tbsp sriracha
1Tbsp course-ground mustard
Pepper
2 tsp salt
A couple of shakes of garlic powder.
Place in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
To cook: set grill pan to med-hi, sear chicken on both sides, 3-4 min each side, then pop in 400 degree oven for 8-10 min, or until juices run clear.

 Marinated "BBQ"chicken:
4 chicken breasts
4 garlic cloves or garlic powder(4 tsp)

3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup soy sauce
Salt, pepper, cayenne
Marinate all day then grill.

Spicy Crockpot Chicken
2-3lbs chicken breast
1 can organic vegetable or chicken broth or 1 cup water
½ cup salsa
1 packet chili or taco seasoning
Put in crockpot on high for 4 hours
Add diced onions and peppers and cook for one more hour.
 
Chicken RubMarinade (for grill or skillet)
Use chicken tenderloins and put them in a big bag with these seasonings, then cook on skillet or gill.
4 tbsp olive oil

4 tsp chili powder
4 tsp ground cumin
 1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
Cook on a nonstick pan on low (to make it tender and cooked all the way through)

Comments

  1. Hey! Thank you for posting these. I'm always looking for quick and easy chicken recipes. I made the chicken rub marinade last night on my Foreman grill - good combo. Would not have put oregano on it on my own - I liked it with the cumin and garlic!

    Will try a couple of other ones this week. Appreciate it!

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Words I Never Thought I'd Hear

One Day at a Time

Workouts & Training Thoughts