Skip to main content

Workouts of the Week

MONDAY UPPER BODY
This week on bench I was able to work up to a heavy set of 6 with 110 lbs, then did some back off sets after that. Got an extra rep with 95lbs this week on my all out set! Also did an extra set of weighted pullups and was able to get an extra rep with the 50s this week, woohoo! Now I gotta get back to doing 8 reps like I was before!

1)Bench press: 95x6/105x6/110x6/105x6/95x10
2)Weighted  pullups (wide grip/fat bar): 15x4x5/ 1x9(bodyweight)
3a)Tbar row: 55x10/8/8+ drop set x 5
3b)DB chest press: 50x6/45x8/ 40x9/35x12
5a)EZ bar curls: 50x8/40x10/ DBs-17.5x8+ 4(drop set)
5b)Lsit hold: 4x15 seconds
6a)Calf raises: 3x20
6b)Pull-aparts :2x25/1x20

1 arm plate carry: 25lbs x 15seconds x2(each arm)/ Overhead dumbbell carry 40lbs x 25 seconds x3 (each arm)

WEDNESDAY LOWER BODY
Great leg workout this week! My squats have just been feeling really great, I love it! I have narrowed my stance some since the meet, which I like much better. And I've been squatting in tennis shoes, which I know you're not "supposed" to do...but whatever, if it feels good, why not? I was able to go up to 165 for my 6 rep set. I did wear a belt, which I never do unless I'm maxing but I figured I'd try it just for my heaviest set today. Then I backed down reverse pyramid style and did a set of 8 and then 12. Hip thrusts are the only thing that haven't been feeling great lately. For whatever reason, my glutes just don't seem to be kicking in. But good mornings are feeling much better-I am finally getting the feel for them! See, sometimes when you hate an exercise at first and just don't "feel" it, it's just a matter of practicing and doing it more! I remember how much I hated hip thrusts at first, and now I love them(well, most of the time!)

1)Squat jumps: 3x6
2)Squats:  95x8/135x6/ 155x6/165x6/155x8/145x12
3)Good mornings: 65x8/85x8/95x8/95x8
4)High box step ups: 17.5x8/17.5x8/ 1x10 w/ 1 dumbbell at chest
5)Hip thrusts: 155x10/185x8/8/8/155x10
6)Dragonflies: 2x8/ Toes to bar 2x8

Farmer's walks 60lbs x 3x35 seconds + Band abductions 3x20

FRIDAY UPPER BODY
I didn't go heavier on presses this week, but I did add another set and on my last set I did 4 extra reps as push presses when I couldn't get any more strict. I swapped out cable rows for 1 arm rows today, and did my chinups on the fat bar. For some reason, my lats were just totally on fire when I was doing my chinups! So I lowered the reps and did an extra set. Friday's workouts are so short that I always play around at the end, hence the rope pulls and handstands! I also did a little practice with human flags and front levers. Should probably start doing that at the beginning if my workouts though, and not when I'm super fatigued! 

1)Swiss Bar Overhead press: Bar x6/+10x6/+15x6/+15x6/ +10x6 + 4 push presses
2a)Cable row: 10/10/8/8
2b)Weighted dips: 25x3x8
3)Fat bar chinups: x8/6/6/6
4a)Lateral raise: 3x12
4b)Reverse flyes: 3x12

Rope pulls w/sled 4x + handstand practice


SATURDAY LOWER BODY
Since I did heavy deadlifts last week, I decided to skip them and start my workout with power cleans instead. I'm going to start alternating heavy and light weeks with deadlifts from here on out, as I don't think going heavy week after week works for me. I added an extra set of front squats today, without the box, and also did some back extensions. Went up to 380 today on my sled drags! Love the quad burn!

1)Hang power cleans: 95x5/115x3/125x2/1/1/1 (failed at 130)
2)Front squat: 95x8/115x3x8
3)GHR: 4x10 w/10lbs
4a)Back extensions: 15lbs x 3x15
4b)Lateral band walks: 3x10 each way
Sled drags: 270/320/340/360 x 4/380
TRX ab pikes 3x12

Next week I'm going to cut back on the intensity some as far as weights go and take a week off from some of the big lifts(bench and deadlifts), and then I'll start a new routine for next month and ramp back up. Mostly just going to change up some exercises and maybe rep ranges for this next phase. I'll leavy you with a video of some 2014 training clips. I'm a little late with this, but better late than never, right?



Comments

  1. Hi Lindsay, how many warm-up sets do you do to work up to your working weight for your main lifts like squats and deadlifts? Tks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally will do something like the bar x10, then make 10-20lb jumps for upper body and 20-30lb jumps for lower body after that, usually sets of 5-6 until I get to the weight I want to be at. For example, my squat warmup would be 45x10/ 95x6-8/ 135x6, then working sets.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm