Skip to main content

Workouts Of The Week/Nutrition Update

MONDAY (Bench/hip thrust day)
Bench felt okay today. Decided to not push the weight but just do multiple sets of 5 at about 75-85% of my max. I've been doing them with my hands out a bit wider, and that's definitely harder for me. Pullups felt great. I wanted to go heavy, and was able to get 3 sets of 4 holding a 30lb dumbbell between my legs. That was fun!Then I moved on to hip thrusts, lunges, and band walks for the lower body. Hip thrusts felt good today . I did them pyramid style, working up to 205 for 6, then dropping the weight and doing another higher rep set. Not going for  max weight on these, but really focusing on using and feeling it in my glutes.

1a)Bench press: 95x5/105x4x5

1b)Pullups: 20x5/25x4/30x4/4/4
2)Hip thrusts: 135x12/165x10/195x8/206x6/155x12
3a)Reverse single leg lunge: 22.5x3x10
3b)Lateral band walks : 3x12
4a)Calf raises: (smith machine) 4x15-20
5b)Ab wheel rollouts: 3x8 to wall, 1x15 on knees


Farmer's walks w/dumbbells: 65lbs x 3x 25-30 seconds

WEDNESDAY (Squat day)  
Was able to work up to 180 for 5 today on squats, and then a set of 10 with 155... which I'm pretty sure is the most I've done with 155! I also went heavier for my last 2 sets of hip thrusts. They felt good! I do my heavier hip thrusts a little faster and explosive but still controlled. Also decided to try going heavier on back extensions, which is something I have never really done. I usually just do bodyweight or 15-25lbs for higher reps, but I think it's time to stop wimping out and step it up. Finished with lunge jumps for a little quad burn, superset with glute kickbacks, and then some side planks. I was too sore from Monday's ab wheel rollouts to do anything else for abs!


Squat jumps 3x5
1)Back squat: 155x5/175x5/180x5/155x10

2)Barbell hip thrust: 185x5/205x5/225x5/235x5/235x5
3)Back extensions : 30x10/ 40x10/40x10
4a)Lunge jumps 3x20(10 per leg)

4b)Band quadruped hip extensions 2x20/leg/ abductions 1x30
5)Side planks
 



 FRIDAY (Upper body accessory)

Great upper workout this week. Push presses felt easier, went heavier on rows, and then did heavy chest presses. Followed up with some isolation stuff and handstand practice. Fun workout!

1)Push press: 105x4/4/5/95x9
2a)Chest supported T-bar row: 70x6/6/6/55x10
2b)DB chest press: 45x8/50x6/6/45x8
3a)EZ bar curls: 50x10/8/ cable curl x15
3b)Lsits: 20/15/15/15 seconds
4)TRX reverse flyes: 3x12
5)TRX overhead extensions: x15/12
Handstand practice

SATURDAY(Deadlift day)

Had to switch up a few things this workout since there was a powerlifting meet going on where I usually train on Saturdays. Was able to get a squat rack for front squats and deads, which felt great today. Had to do machine leg curls instead of GHRs, which I don't really like but it does the job. Couldn't do prowlers, so I just did a few deadmill sprints, which were tough! My lung capacity is just no good...which is why I'm not a CrossFitter! But it was fun to do something different!

1)Hang power cleans: 95x3/115x3x3
2)Front squat: 95x6/115x6/125x6/130x6/6
3)Sumo deadlift:165x6/185x5/195x5/ RDL: 135x2x10
4)Leg curls: 3x12
5a)Single leg hip thrusts: 3x12
5b)Band clams 3x20
6)Hanging leg raises: 10/8/8
Deadmill sprints: 5x15-20 seconds/ 1 minute rest


Nutrition is going great lately. I've added more carbs to pre and post workout, every thing else is the same. So getting in 40-50 grams of carbs with breakfast and post workout, sometimes more on leg day. Still have carbs at pretty much every meal. Carbs at night? Yup. Lots of fat? Yup-love my peanut butter! Obsessive tracking? Nope. Able to eat a cookie if I want it? Yup-no big deal. One weekly free meal/treat meal. Loving it! Gone are the carb fearing days. Gone is the constant food anxiety. No need to be miserable and restrictive!

Comments

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
    world gym clothing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm