Skip to main content

Workouts of the Week

MONDAY  UPPER BODY+GLUTES
This workout was just two heavy upper body lifts with ring pullups and pull-aparts thrown in to balance out all the pushing. Clean and jerks were fun-I really like working on those!  I kept bench a little lighter this week. It felt okay, but still not super strong. Of course, doing push jerks before-hand and pullups between sets could be part of the reason! After that I did 4 rounds of a glute circuit, which I really liked. 
1)Clean and jerk practice: 115x4x2
2a)Bench press: 95x8/105x6/6/6/5
2b)Ring pullups: 4x8
3)Pullaparts: 20/20/25/25
*Glute finisher:
Single leg foot elevated glute bridge x12
Cable pull-throughs x15
Seated band abductions x20
4 x
WEDNESDAY LOWER BODY
I really liked this leg workout for some reason! I kept squats a little lighter for a few sets of 6.That last set of 10 with 155 though...basically cardio!  My breathing sucks! I really felt like deadliftng heavy, so I decided to do those after squats. I worked up to 225 for a double, then a back off set of 5 with 205. They felt pretty good today! I've always liked doing deadlifts better after squats when I'm more warmed up. Then I did barbell walking lunges, another exercise that feels like cardio! After that was band walks and back extensions to hit the glutes, then calves and abs. No leg finisher since I felt like I'd worked my legs enough! And my butt was sore the next day!
1)Squat jumps: 3x5
2)Squats: 155x6/165x6/165x6/155x10
3)Deadlifts: 135x5/155x5/185x2/205x2/225x2/205x5
4)Barbell walking lunges: 60x3x10
5a)Band walks: 3x12
5b)Back extensions: 40x3x10
6a)Calf raise: 15/15/13/12
6b)Ab wheel: toes 2x10/knees 1x20
FRIDAY UPPER BODY
Pullups have been bothering my shoulder a bit lately, so I'm going to lay off of those for a while and do lat pulldowns instead. This workout was just another "on the fly" workout. I ended up being really sore in my lats and biceps the next day!

1a)Lat pulldown: 100x3x8
1b)1 arm overhead press: 35x8/35x8/30x10
2a)Chest supported DB row: 35x12/40x3x10
2b)Feet elevated dumbbell pushups: 4x10
3a)Seated incline bicep curls: 22.5x8/22.5x8/20x8
3b)Lsits: 3x15 seconds
1 arm overhead carries 45lbs x 3x 30 seconds

SATURDAY LOWER BODY-AT HOME WORKOUT
I didn't need to deadlift, so I decided to skip the gym and worked out at home. It was just so beautiful out! I need that sometimes to keep things fun and fresh. I can get a good workout with just a couple dumbbells and a tire! 


1)Single leg hip thrust: 3x12
2a)Dumbbell squat: 25s x 3x15
2b)Single leg RDL: 25s x 3x12
3)Sliding leg curl: 3x12
Then I finished up with this circuit:
http://www.soheefit.com/glute-pump/

And then tire sprints:
Forward sprint
Rest 30-45 seconds
Reverse drag
Rest 30-45 seconds
Repeat 5 x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm