Skip to main content

Workouts Of The Week

MONDAY UPPER HEAVY +GLUTES
Push jerks felt pretty good this week. Didn't go heavier but just did an extra set. I was able to get 3 sets of 6 on dumbbell chest press today, and supersetted those with overhand grip pullups this week. For the glutes this week, I did kettlebell swings and seated abductions, then a couple extra sets of band walks after that.

1)Push jerks: 125x3x2/ 115x3(push press)
2a)Overhand grip pullups: 10lbs x6x5
2b)DB chest press: 50x3x6/45x6
3a)TRX reverse fly: 2x12
3b)TRX pike: 15/12/Dragonfly: 2x8
4a)KB swings: 60x3x12
4b)Seated abductions: 1x30/3x25
5)Band walks: 2x12

WEDNESDAY LOWER
This was a deload week for deadlifts, so I decided to go heavier on front squats. It was my first time using a belt for front squats! I definitely had a rep or maybe 2 left in the tank with 135, so next week I'll try to increase up to a 5 rep max. After front squats I just did some posterior chain work, calves and abs, then a 5 minute finisher of slams and clam raises. Those clam raises are tough for me!

1)Box jumps: 1x5/ 3x3(30")
2)Front squats: 95x5/115x5/25x5/135x2x5(last 3 sets with belt)
3)Reverse hypers: 110x10/130x3x10
4a)Glute ham raise: 10x6/20x6/20x6/5x10(holding weight over head)
4b)Hanging leg raises: 1x10/3x8
5)Smith machine calf raise: 140x12/160x12/180x12/12
Finisher:
10 medicine ball slams(25lb) x4
10 clam raises  x3
5 minute amrap
Then 50 banded hip thrusts, rest pause set

FRIDAY UPPER BODY 
Another good workout this week! I really like Friday's workouts. I added an extra set to bench with 115. I could've probably squeezed out 5 on the last set, but I prefer to leave a rep in the tank.So I just did a back off (NOT an amrap)set a little lighter, and also used a wider grip on that set.Next was overhead press and cable rows. It's so weird that I love cable rows now so much when I didn't do them for years! Now they are one of my fave back exercises. Just for something different, I finished off this workout with 5 minutes of chinups for as many reps as I could get. I ended up with 34, only doing 3-4 reps at a time!

1)Plyo pushups: 3x5
2)Bench press: 115x5/5/4/105x5(with a wide grip)
3a)1 arm OH press: 30x9/9/10
3b)Cable row with wide neutral grip handles:  100x3x10
4a)Lateral raises: 15x3x12
4b)Lsit: 3x20 seconds
5)Chinups: 5 minute amrap- 34 reps


SATURDAY LOWER HYPERTROPHY
Well, this leg day should be called cardio day. I swear, my breathing is horrible. Hip thrusts and squats both felt good. My goal now is 225 on hip thrusts for 3x10, but today 205 felt like the limit to really get a good glute contraction. For squats I worked up to 2 heavy sets of 8 and then did a set of 15...needless to say, that was tough. But once again, it was mostly my breathing more than anything! Maybe I should do more cardio? ;) Then it was on to RDLs. I did a set Wednesday just to video and realized that I need to slow down the eccentric a little more, so that's what I focused on today. Then I paired walking lunges and leg curls again. And once again... cardio! I finished up with calves and abductions, and then some deadmill sprints.

1)Hip thrusts: 135x10/185x10/205x3x10
2)Squats: 135x8/165x8/165x8/135x15
3)RDLs: 155x4x8
4a)Lying leg curls: 12/10/10+ 6(drop set)+6(rest pause)
4b)Barbell walking lunges: 70x3x10
5)Cable standing abductions: 3x15/15/12
6)Seated calf raise: rest pause set/ drop sets-50x20/40x15/30x15/20x15
Deadmill sprints: ~20 second sprint at 11.5% incline/ ~1 minute rest/ x6

Comments

  1. thanks for the RDL video :) These workouts look great, sweetie :) !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm