Skip to main content

What I Ate Wednesday

I haven't done this in a while, so here ya go! Food police/Paleo/Clean eaters-look away! 

Meal 1 
8:00 Pre-workout 
3/4 cup oats(pre-cooked) + half banana, 1 scoop MuscleTech whey protein, 1 spoonful natural peanut butter


Meal 2
11:45 Post workout
1 scoop MuscleTech Iso-whey protein w/cashew milk, 2 cups Ice cream pebbles with cashew milk


Meal 3 Lunch
2 Vans Gluten free blueberry waffles with Walden farm's syrup, 2 eggs, 2 whites scrambled with mozarella cheese


Meal 4 Afternoon snack
3-ish oz chicken, 1 small Fuji apple, 1/2 cup green beans(just because I had some leftover)

Meal 5 Dinner
4-ish oz mixed lean turkey and lean beef, 1 cup rice, 2 spoons salsa


Meal 6 Bedtime snack
3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese, 1 rice cake, 2 spoonfuls of natural peanut butter


I've been trying to get my leg day calories to around 2500, but I'm not currently tracking so it may be a little under that. I try to just increase my portions slightly on leg day.
 Someone on Instagram asked if I worry about getting in enough veggies. My answer? No. I don't. There was a time when I did, but I no longer stress about it anymore. I despise them and am not going back to the days when I would literally choke them down with water. I do eat more vegetables on rest days, and I also have green smoothies, potatoes, and fruits, so I think I'll be okay even if I don't eat pounds of vegetables a day. That's just the way it's going to be, and it's not something I'm going to let bother me.
As always, I'm not concerned about being super lean, and I've gained maybe a pound in the last few months. My main priority right now(and forever) is eating foods I love, feeling full and satisfied, and fueling my workouts. I have a beach trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm not changing anything with my diet, abs or no abs!

Comments

  1. No macro police here but...I bet that's less than 2000 calories and that's on leg day. It really doesn't matter as long as you are happy with your weight. It's also difficult to say what you eat if you don't measure anything. There's nothing wrong with eating what you like but maybe if you don't count calories you shouldn't bring it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually tracked this a few weeks ago, with the only thing different being potatoes instead of waffles, and it was 2500 calories. DEFINITELY above 2000 calories.You seem to think I'm not eating as much as I think I am, when in actuality just because I don't track daily, I eat the same portions every day so from previous tracking I DO know that I'm above 2000 calories.I do track occasionally calories to make sure that I'm not starting to "slack", and I always above 2200 calories. And I never said I don't measure. I do measure my meat, oats, cereal, potatoes, etc. I just don't worry about it being right to the exact GRAM. It's not something I stress about in life. Thanks for the input, although it does sound like a "food police" comment.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm