Skip to main content

Workouts of The Week

Workouts were good this week. Next week I'm going to stick with this same split, and then vacation will be sort of a deload week the following week. After that I plan on going back to my upper/lower split.

MONDAY UPPER BODY PULL + GLUTES
This workout was pretty good. Wanted to go heavy on cleans since I haven't done more than 115 in a while. Then did heavy pullups paired with handstand pushups. Heavy rows were next, then some lat pulldowns and rear delt work, abs, and glutes.  I really felt the pull-throughs in my glutes more than ever.

1) Cleans: 95x3/115x3/125x2/125x2
2)Pullups(neutral): 25x3/35x3x3
2b)Handstand pushups: 4x6
3)1 arm dumbbell rows: 55x6/65x6/7/7
4)Lat pulldowns: 10/8/10/10
5a)TRX face pull to external rotation: 4x12
5b)TRX pikes: 4x12
Glutes:
Cable pullthroughs x12
Band walks x15
Band hip thrusts x15
4x
Lsit: 4x15 seconds

WEDNESDAY LOWER BODY
I just had to get some heavy-ish weight on my back this week, so I worked up to a few sets with 175 for sets of 5 on squats, and they felt really good with the lower bar position. The single leg deadlifts fried my lower back, but I think it was probably just fatigued from the squats, since I haven't done them that heavy in a while. Overall, great workout! My quads were nice and sore the next couple days.

1)Squats: 155x5/165x5/175x3x5
2)Deficit speed deadlifts: 155x10x1 w/20 second rest
3)Single leg RDLs: 53x10/60x2x10
4)Reverse hack squat: 160x12/180x3x12
5)Glute ham raise: rest pause set to 50 total reps
6a)Calf raise: 170x10/10/10/8+4+4(rest pause)
6b)Ab wheel rollouts: negatives x10/8/8/ on knees 1x15

FRIDAY UPPER BODY PUSH
At least this week I haven't felt as tired as I did last week! Bench felt really heavy today. It was supposed to be 95% for 3 sets of 1, but I used a weight slightly under that because I didn't have a spot. Not feeling super strong lately on upper body lifts. I definitely felt stronger when I was doing full upper body each workout, so I'm excited to go back to that.Since my goal isn't hypertrophy for upper body, I want to focus on strength on my upper lifts.

1)Bench: 130x3x1
2)Muscle ups: 4/3/2/1
3)Barbell strict press + push press: 75x4+4/85x3+4/85x2+5/85x6(all push press)
4)DB low incline chest press: 35x8/40x4x8
5a)Dips: 12/10/10
5b)Alternating dumbbell curls: 25x3x10
6a)Plate overhead raises: 2x15
6b)Pull-aparts: 3x15

SATURDAY LOWER BODY
Deads felt really good today. The plan was to do 3x3 at around 85% of my sumo max, which would be around 210. I went with 215 though since they felt strong. Hip thrusts felt good, too, as well as Bulgarian split squats. Finished up with glutes and then went home and did some tire drags since the CrossFit area was being used.

1)Deadlifts: 215x3x3
2)Touch and go deadlifts off one plate: 205x5/205x8
3)Hip thrusts: 185x6/215x6/235x6/255x6/235x8+185x8(drop set)
4)Bulgarian split squat: 35s x3x8/ (1) 35x12
5a)Back extensions: 25x4x12
5b)Seated abductions: 3x25
Tire drags at home: 8 sets x 15-20 seconds


Also, for anyone who may be concerned that I'm not getting in the amount of calories that I say I am, let me assure you-I am not just making up random numbers out of thin air. Just because I don't track every day doesn't mean I don't have an idea of how much I'm taking in. If you read my blogs, you would know that, as I've discussed tracking calories and macros in the past.

And because I have tracked in the past and my intake really doesn't change much, I do know somewhat how much I'm getting in on a daily basis. Is it an exact number? No. Do I measure and weigh everything to the exact gram? No. But I do measure and weigh some things, and I just guess on others.

I know that if I want to gain weight, I simply increase portions, and to lose weight, I would decrease portions. It really doesn't matter to me exactly how many calories I'm eating, so long as I don't lose weight.  I like the way I look right now and am satisfied with how my training is going, so there is no need for me to stress too much about tracking calories, which is why I don't. When I DO track, however, my training days are always in the 2200-2400 range, and on leg day I try to increase portions to up the calories some. I just wanted to clarify that for anyone who may question it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm