Skip to main content

Workouts of The Week

Happy Sunday! 

It's been raining here in KY for like two weeks straight, but today is supposed to be beautiful! Gotta get my food prep and laundry done early, because I plan on being outside ALL day! :) ☼☼☼

Workouts were pretty good this week, but I really gotta get back into following a structured plan. Haven't focused on really increasing my lifts or anything lately, just pretty much maintaining.  But it's time to get back into it, because getting stronger really is my jam.

The good thing is-NO CROSSFIT  this week!  Not one kettlebell swing or burpee to be found. ;)

MONDAY UPPER BODY
Wasn't really feeling this workout, but I just went in and did something. Nothing crazy, nothing super heavy. Was just feeling kind of "blah" and not motivated. But hey, you can't always rely on motivation. Just get it done.

1)Ring pullups: 3x8
2)Landmine press: 20x8/30x6/30x6/20x8
3a)Wide cable row: 8/8/10/12
3b)DB chest press: 45x8/8/40x10/10
4)Seated clean to press: 10/12
5)Pullaparts x50
6)Farmer's walks 70 lbs x4 sets, 30-40 seconds


WEDNESDAY LOWER BODY QUAD FOCUS
I was going to do front squats, but after a few warm-up sets, I scrapped those since I was having a sharp pain in my back. Back squats felt great though, so I stuck with those. Low stance leg presses are killer and my quads were on fire by the time I got to lunges. Also, shorter strides on lunges are MUCH harder for me. Glutes were SORE from this one!

1)Ball leg curls: 15/12/12
2)Broad jumps: 2x5
3)Pause squats: 135x6/155x6/155x6/145x8
4)Leg press: high narrow stance; 270x10/10/ lower foot stance each set: 240x12/230x12
5)Walking lunges: 35x10/short strides-25x2x12
6)Leg extensions: 15/12/12
7)Back extensions: 50x2x10
Glute circuit:
Band squats x15
Band walks x12
Single leg upper and lower elevated glute bridge: x12
3 rounds
*Pallof press w/band: 3x10

FRIDAY UPPER BODY
Upper body workouts are just SO freaking boring. I gotta find some way to change things up! Going in and just getting a pump is just not doing it for me anymore. Today was kind of fun because I actually benched for the first time in 3 months! Then did some heavy 1 arm rows and a density superset, then a little pump circuit at the end.

1)Fat grip bench press: 100x6/105x2x6/95x8
2)1 arm dumbbell row: 55x6/65x6/75x5/75x6/ Kroc row: 60x15
10 minutes:
3a)Ring row feet elevated: 8/8/6/6/6/6/6
3b)Handstand pushups:6/5/5/5/5/5
4a)Lateral raise 3x10
4b)Face pulls 3x12
4c)Cable curls 3x12

SATURDAY LOWER BODY HAMSTRING/GLUTE FOCUS
So my glutes were still sore from Wednesday and from bench Friday! It wasn't so bad that it interfered with my workout though. I did sets of 5 on deads with about 75-80% of my max, nothing crazy. Hip thrusts felt pretty good-what I've realized is that more padding makes the biggest difference! I have to use my squat pad and a folded up mat. Forearms were sore from Friday also, so RDLs were a little hard. I had planned on doing pull-throughs, but ALLLL of the cable were being used because the gym was packed!

Broad jumps 3x3
1)Deadlifts 75% -185x5/195x5/195x5/205x5(last set touch and go, all beltless)
2)Hip thrusts 185x8/205x8/215x8/215x8/185x12
3)Glute ham raises 30x4x6
4)DB RDLS: 50x15/12/12
5)Reverse hypers: 110x3x15
6a)Seated leg curl: 15/12/12/12
6b)Lunge jumps: 4x20
7)Stir the pot: 3x25 seconds/decline reverse crunch: 2x12

Comments

  1. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. I've learned many things from your site.
    powerhouse gym shorts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm