Skip to main content

Five Things Friday

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Well, Fall definitely decided to show up this week! Tuesday was the most gorgeous day. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect, fall day. 70s, sunshine, not a single cloud in the sky. Then the past couple days it's been rainy and cold! It's currently 62 degrees in my house right now-I'm freezing! Oh well, just better snuggle weather! :)
Not cool. 
I finally got my hair cut Tuesday, and it looks sooo much better! It's amazing how great a fresh cut can make you feel! I really wish I could have hair down to my butt, but unfortunately, it's not healthy enough for that.

It's almost October, which means a new Scripture writing plan! Is anyone following along? I really enjoy these.


I made a big ol' pot of chili today to have for dinner tonight! I looooove me some chili. I get home late on Fridays, so it's nice to come home and not have to cook anything. I make my chili different every time, but today I used:

2 pounds of lean groud beef
2 cans of no salt added diced tomatoes
2 small cans of no salt added tomato sauce
1 can of no salt added black beans
1 can of chili beans(didn't have the no salt kind, so just used regular)
Seasonings(onion, garlic, chili powder).

I'll have this with a salad and a peanut butter rice cake tonight....because you gotta have peanut butter with chili, it's just a thing.


So this video Brittany Lesser posted is everything. She sums up everything I hate about the fitness industry and more. As I've written about before, I just get fed up with it sometimes. It's crazy how something that is supposed to be good can get so screwed up!



Thankfully, there are people like her and a few others in the industry who promote this message. The message that there is more to life. That there is more than living for how your body looks, or how many followers you have on social media. It's just gotten ridiculous how fake it has become. I'm glad there are people out there who aren't afraid to tell it like it is!

Welp, we're headed to the pumpkin patch with the fam this weekend! Looking forward to seeing Celeste and pumpkin donuts!!!!! Pics to come, of course. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm