What I Ate & Workout Wednesday

Happy Wednesday y'all! 
I thought I'd share my workout and eats with you today, since it's been a while since I've done that. Today was my heavy leg day,with reps in the 3-8 range.

1)Hang power cleans: 

120x3x2
These felt really good and speedy today!
video

2)Barbell squats: 

135x5/160x5/175x5/175x5/155x5
I decided to start doing squats on the heavy day and focus on leg press and lunges on the light leg day Saturday. They felt pretty good today, even though I haven't gone heavy on them in a while! Plus, after this program is over, I'm going to be doing a pure high rep hypertrophy phase, so I need to get the heavy stuff out of my system the next couple weeks!

3)Deadlifts(sumo): 

4x3-205/215/205/205
video

I switched to sumo this week just to see how they would feel. Last week my deadlifts were awful. I really do think I like sumo deadlifts better, I just have to have patience that they will catch up to my conventional deadlifts eventually. The hex plates my gym just got are driving me crazy. I had to stand up and reset between sets because the bar keeps getting out in front of me. So stupid.


4)Barbell reverse lunges:

95x4x6
Switched it up from Bulgarian split squats this week and was suprised by how hard these were. I liked them though! 
video

5)Glute ham raises: 

25x3x8
6)Calf raises
4x8
7)Hanging leg raises: 
4x9

Finisher:

Airdyne sprints
10 seconds of work, 20 seconds rest, 
8 rounds
These are tough if you really go all out!

And here's what I'm eating today:


Breakfast:

3/4 cup oats, 1 scoop MuscleTech Premium Gold whey protein, half a banana(not pictured), a spoonful of peanut butter

Post workout: 
MuscleTech Platinum Iso-Whey in vanilla ice cream mixed with almond milk and poured over 2 cups of Honey Bunches of Oats Apples & Cinnamon Bunches(this cereal is everything)
Lunch: 
The usual!
2 eggs + 2 whites with shredded reduced fat cheese 
Roasted red potatoes cooked in olive oil(about 6-7 oz) 
Snack: 
Chicken soup(made with chicken breasts, soup veggies, 
and cauliflower in the crockpot)orange on the side
Dinner: 
1 cup pasta + 
4ish oz ground turkey with mushrooms and marinara sauce
Bedtime snack:
1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese 
2 spoonfuls of peanut butter on 2 rice cakes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Words I Never Thought I'd Hear

One Day at a Time

Five Things Friday