Skip to main content

Just a Bunch of Stuff

Just a hodge podge of random stuff on this Sunday morning....

My husband is going to be gone all day for a wrestling show his beginner's training class is having today, so it's just me and Asher. I'll be prepping food  for the week, watching football, doing some cleaning... and getting started on my Christmas decorations! Matt got everything out of the garage yesterday, so today I'll probably just get the trees started and finish it all next weekend. Can't wait! :)

I'm pretty much finished with Christmas shopping, thank goodness. Just have a few more things I'll order online. I have been in the mall the past few weeks way too many times, and I would be happy to never step foot in the mall again for the rest of my life! Shopping makes me miserable; I don't see how people enjoy it! For that reason, I have come to just  except that I will never be trendy or fashionable.

So yesterday I babysat Celeste for a few hours. She's good, but man, it's exhausting. I don't know if I could ever be up to the task of being a mom...but I guess you just do what ya gotta do! Look at how adorable she is with all that hair! You can tell that Asher still doesn't like all my attention being on her, but hopefully he'll get used to it the more he's around her.

In training news, I did conventional deadlifts for the first time yesterday since early this year...and I am feelin' it today! I worked up to 2 sets of 205lbs for 3 reps, and it felt pretty good. I'm scared to irritate my hamstring thing again, but I figured I'd give it a try and see how it felt.

Saturdays are usually my prowler days after deadlifts, but my gym took it away until they get turf put in, so the past few I've been doing circuits instead.  I actually kind of like it, so I may continue it and just do prowlers on a different day whenever they get it back. I've realized that my conditioning is horrible...I am a long way from my CrossFit days!

Here's what I did this past Saturday after heavy deadlifts:
4 rounds-
25 rope slams
12 kettlebell swings
10 lunge jumps/leg
10 second L-sit hold
It's hard, but I enjoy the challenge of doing an intense circuit like this once a week.

And lastly, in other news, I applied for the BodySpace Spokesmodel Search 2014, and was just informed that I've made it to the top 20 women semi-finalist round! Didn't expect that! Voting starts Monday, so I'll be sure to post the link so you all can vote. :) I don't expect to win, but it's worth a try, right?

Except that whenever something happens like this, like with the Muscle-Tech shoot, the first thing that happens is I start to doubt myself! I start thinking, "I can't do this, I don't look good enough, I don't look like a fitness model, I'm too scrawny, I don't have fake boobs"...blah, blah, blah. Then I start to think about how much pressure there is in the fitness industry to look good 365 days a year and to have ripped abs, and do I  want that? I like the way I look now, I like the way I eat and train and I don't want to change it, and I don't want to be any leaner! But to be in this industry you are expected to always look your best. I guess I can worry about that if the time comes. If it's meant to be, it will be. It would be an amazing opportunity if I could just get over my fears and insecurities!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm