Skip to main content

Friday Faves: Makeup Edition

Hey guys! Happy Friday!

 I thought I'd do a little something different today and talk about some of my favorite makeup products. I apologize to those who have no interest in makeup-you can just skip this one. ;)

Lately I have been obsessed with watching makeup tutorials. I don't know why, but they are just so addicting! I know I'll probably never get on their level, but I have gotten some product recommendations from them that I'm going to try. They also inspired me to finally update my makeup and get some new stuff, which I'll share with you today.

As you all know, I'm cheap, so I'm not about to spend a fortune on high end makeup products. I'm all about the drugstore! As far as my every day makeup routine, I use foundation, blush(and sometimes bronzer), sometimes concealer, and always eyeliner and mascara. Plus a little powder just so that I'm not shiny. On the weekends for church or going out or whatever, I use all the same products but with a little more coverage, and I play up my eyes with a smokey eye shadow look.

These are my "go to" every day makeup products:
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless
Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch highlighting concealer
Bronzer: Wet n Wild Color Icon in Ticket to Brazil
Blush: Elf Studio blush, Candid Coral
Eyeliner: Covergirl Perfect Point Plus, Black Onyx
Mascara: Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal, Glam Black
Eyeshadow: Wet n Wild Color Icon Collection,  Comfort Zone & NYC Eyeshadow Trio, Bronzed in Brooklyn

As far as brushes go, this is the only decent one I have, which I use to apply foundation every now and then. Throughout the week, I just use my fingers. I also have a dupe Beauty Blender sponge, but I'm really not a huge fan of it. I do have a powder and blush brush and a few other brushes that I've had forever, but I don't even know where I got them or what brand they are. I do like this brush, but I really don't have anything to compare it to, since I've never used a foundation brush before this one.


Soooo lip gloss and lipstick is just where I can't seem to get it right. I'm really not a big lipstick person. I like very natural colors and just something that will give my lips a little shine. Most of the ones I have I don't really like-the glosses are either too sticky, or I just choose the wrong colors. I'm sure it doesn't help that I always go for the cheapest ones I can find! The ones pictured here are too pinkish for my skin tone. Except for the Burt's Bees lip gloss-I actually really like one and will definitely buy again.
So this week as an early birthday present to myself,  I got a few new things at Wal-Mart and Meijer. Meijer had a bunch of Wet N Wild things on clearance, so of course I couldn't pass that up! In total, I spent right about 40$. But that's without foundation, eyeliner or concealer, which I already had.


So here's what I got at Wal-Mart:
Loreal True Match powder, Loreal Voluminous million lashes mascara, Salon Perfect lashes, Elf jumbo lip gloss stick, and Wet n Wild Megalast lip color in bare it all. Once again, I'm not a fan of the colors I chose for the lip gloss and lip stick, but at least they were only a couple bucks, and I can probably mix them with other colors and make them work.

Then at Meijer the next day, I got the Milani baked blush in Luminoso, which everyone on YouTube raves about. I also grabbed an ELF eye brush, eye shadow primer, Wet N Wild Mega Glo powder, another Wet N Wild lipstick( I mean, it's only a dollar!), and the Wet N Wild Fergie Vicious Varnish lip stain. So far I really like the lip gloss. It's very natural looking and not sticky at all.

Right now I am super obsessed with Julie Dawn Olsen's YouTube channel.  I actually went to high school with her. I absolutely love this look, and pretty much all of her looks!


So guys-help me out!! What are some of your favorite drugstore must haves? I definitely need some recommendations for lip stick colors,  mascara, eyeliner, and eye shadow brushes! What are some of your faves?



Comments

  1. I am really picky about my mascara and since you said you definitely need mascara recs, this has been my favourite for years and years

    http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Eye-Makeup/Mascara/Illegal-Length-Fiber-Extensions-Mascara.aspx

    Have fun! I enjoy make up, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Putting My Heart Out There

Hey guys. Here's where we're at right now: Matt finished his radiation treatments last week. Did they help? I don't know. He's sleeping a lot more. Having trouble chewing and swallowing. Not eating much. Not talking much, at least not in full sentences. It's just been a slow, steady decline for the last few months. I think it was really too late for radiation....But who knows, maybe it is delaying things. We went in last Tuesday for his infusion and talked with his neuro-oncologist about everything that we've been seeing with Matt, and he decided that we're at the point now where we should discontinue treatments...I feel like it's the right decision, even though it breaks my heart knowing that there is nothing else we can do. But I feel like we've done everything. All the supplements, the diet, the chemo, the radiation... Matt has fought hard. He never gave up hope. He kept the faith. He never complained through any of this. Not once did I hea
People always said That time would heal the pain But how can that be When mine still remains? The tears still fall At just the thought of you So I know that what they say Just can't be true As the years go by I miss you so much still  No matter how much time passes I know I always will How are you not here To ease my hurting heart? Never could I have imagined We would ever be apart My world has been shattered A piece of me is gone And all I can do is pray For strength to live on I know that one day soon I will see you again I just have to try to suffer through And make it until then

Why?

Why? Why do I care so much?  Why do I make sure they brush their teeth at night so that they don't get cavities? Why do I spend my own money to buy them clothes, toys and decorate their rooms, among other things?  Why do I do 5,000 loads of laundry a week to make sure they have clothes to wear to school? Why do I make sure they go to church on Sundays so that they'll be raised to know about Jesus? Why do I try to give them chores and responsibilities so that they will turn out to be decent human beings? Why do I read them a bedtime story at night, even when I'm exhausted? Why do I clean up after them constantly and cook for them and try to always have healthy snacks and food on hand? Why do I go to their sports games and practices, just to feel like the odd man out standing there awkwardly with their bio mom? Why do I give 100% of myself and make so many sacrifices for children I didn't birth? Only to be insulted and told hurtful things? To be made to feel like I'm